I believe it is fair to state that Radiohead is addictive, and resistance is mostly futile.
Unless you’re willing to resort to permanent earplugs? Obviously not!
We started off casually, when I was re-watching Clueless for the sixth (sixteenth) time and had to find out what song was playing in the car as Cher teases Josh about his musical taste. Then I performed in a dance piece featuring ‘Talk Show Host’ (which marked the moment in Baz Luhrmann’s R + J when I fell in love with Leo - coincidence?). Finally, fast forward to me listening to ‘Reckoner’ on repeat in 2007… and it’s obvious that they got me, hook, line, and sinker.
So without further ado, my personal highlights from the band’s page describing the Newspaper Album purchasing option for their upcoming album, The King Of Limbs:
- “Radiohead’s new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world first* Newspaper Album” *perhaps (Because who really knows?)
- “Many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradable plastic to hold it all together.” (Now tell me you aren’t filled with insatiable curiousity as to what those pieces of art are, and more importantly, what is oxo-degradable plastic and how can it be ‘full colour’?)
- “The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.” (Amazing. I need to find out which they consider to be bad digital media platers..)
- “Shipping is included in the prices shown.” (What gentlemen! They could have added it and I don’t think anyone would have been perturbed about it.)
- “One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12” vinyl.” (Done. I’ll get my luckiest friend to order for me.)
Saturday can’t come soon enough!